Skilled Capital - ACT
Skilled Capital is an ACT Government funded training initiative which provides ACT residents access to high-quality training in areas of skills needed in order to maximise improved employment opportunities.
What does Skilled Capital ACT Funding Program provide?
Skilled Capital offers an opportunity for the Canberra community to access quality training and fill critical skills needs areas across a range of industries such as community services, information technology, health and construction.
Courses available through Skilled Capital range from certificate III to advanced diploma qualifications. Skills sets which are shorter training courses comprising 1 or more units of competency linked to a licensing requirement or an industry need, are also offered under Skilled Capital.
The qualifications and courses offered under Skilled Capital are informed by the ACT Skills Needs List. This list enables the ACT Government to better target funding for training that is most likely to lead to improved employment outcomes for Canberrans.
To be eligible for Skilled Capital, you must, at the time of enrolment, be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- an eligible visa holder, and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college except where the student:
- is undertaking a course of study leading to completion of year 12 in an alternative program, or
- has an Exemption Certificate and the selected Skilled Capital qualification is an approved Australian School-based Apprenticeship pathway.
In addition to the above, to be eligible for a certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification, your training provider must have evidence to demonstrate that a certificate II qualification is a justifiable learning pathway for you.
Previous education and training will not impact your eligibility for Certificate III qualifications and above. However, you cannot be funded for a qualification you have completed within the last 7 years. Also, you can only be subsidised for 1 Skilled Capital qualification at a time.
If you are not eligible for Skilled Capital or are seeking a different training pathway refer to the Australian Apprenticeships page.
For more information on skilled Capital , please click here