Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
CHCSS00100 – Individual Support – Home and Community (Disability) Skill Set
This skill set reflects the skill requirements for providing person centred support to people with disability in home and community settings.
The units that this skill set covers are:
- CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
This skill set is for people working in various care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop skills in home and community support.
Existing Skills and Knowledge
There are no formal entry requirements into this skill set. Candidates are required to have the following skills and knowledge prior to enrolment:
- Sufficient numeracy, literacy, and language to be able to communicate at a confident level, displaying product and company knowledge.
- The candidate must possess competence in frontline job roles that are hands on in the aged care industry.
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who:
- hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in Community Services, Health or related field.
- have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process.
These units provide credit towards a range of qualifications in the CHC Community Services Training Package at Certificate III or Certificate IV level.
Mode of Delivery
Work-based – All training will be delivered face to face within your workplace environment, as ideal, so that access to workplace equipment is available.
Self-Paced – Students will be required to undertake activities outside of the learning environment such pre-reading and pre-course workbook which is a part of the course requirements.
A range of observation techniques have been included, as well as short answer questions and a written project completed individually by each candidate and guided by our qualified assessor. Access to your workplace aged care environment is required, where specific equipment is available. Information on this equipment list is provided prior to enrolment, to ensure it is available.
Contact us to discuss more details of a suitable training program for your staff in your workplace. You may qualify to have this course Government funded.
CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
- Determine requirements of individual plan
- Establish relationship in the home
- Operate respectfully in the home
- Complete reporting and documentation
CHCCC011 Meet personal support needs
- Determine personal support requirements
- Maximise participation
- Provide personal support
- Complete reporting and documentation
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- Include carers and family members as part of the support team
- Assess and respond to changes in the care relationship
- Monitor and promote carer rights, health and well being
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Demonstrate commitment to empowerment for people with disability
- Foster human rights
- Facilitate choice and self-determination
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
All students are eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and are advised of this on the back of the Enrolment Form and on the course flyer, also refer to the Student Handbook for the policy and procedure on the process for RPL.
In the case of cancellations, Target Training will refund full amount paid if 14 days notice [before work is due to commence] is provided, otherwise a cancellation fee of $500.00 will apply.
Money Back Guarantee:
Target Training offers a full money back guarantee on all services, if you are not fully satisfied.