Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
CHCSS00098 – Individual Support – Disability Skill Set
This Skill Set reflects the role of workers in the community or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people with a disability.
The units that this skill set covers are:
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
This skill set is for people working in various care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop skills in providing person-centred support to people with a disability.
Existing Skills and Knowledge
There are no formal entry requirements into this skill set. Candidates are required to have the following skills and knowledge prior to enrolment:
- Sufficient numeracy, literacy, and language to be able to communicate at a confident level, displaying product and company knowledge
- The candidate must possess competence in frontline job roles that are hands on in the aged care industry.
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who:
- hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in Community Services, Health or related field
- have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process.
These units provide credit towards a range of qualifications in the CHC Community Services Training Package at Certificate III or Certificate IV level.
Mode of Delivery
Work-based – All training will be delivered face to face within your workplace environment, as ideal, so that access to workplace equipment is available.
Self-Paced – Students will be required to undertake activities outside of the learning environment such pre-reading and pre-course workbook which is a part of the course requirements.
A range of observation techniques have been included, as well as short answer questions and a written project completed individually by each candidate and guided by our qualified assessor. Access to your workplace aged care environment is required, where specific equipment is available. Information on this equipment list is provided prior to enrolment, to ensure it is available.
Contact us to discuss more details of a suitable training program for your staff in your workplace. You may qualify to have this course Government funded.
CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strength-based approach
- Contribute to skills assessment
- Assist with ongoing skills development according to individualised plan
- Support incidental learning opportunities to enhance skills development
- Complete documentation.
CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- Apply a person-centred approach to minimise behaviours of concern
- Review context of behaviours of concern
- Provide positive behaviour support according to individualised behaviour support plan
- Complete documentation
CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
- Identify opportunities for community participation and social inclusion
- Implement strategies for community participation and inclusion according to the individualised plan
- Identify, address and monitor barriers to community participation and social inclusion
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Demonstrate commitment to empowerment for people with disability
- Foster human rights
- Facilitate choice and self-determination
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
All students are eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and are advised of this on the back of the Enrolment Form and on the course flyer, also refer to the Student Handbook for the policy and procedure on the process for RPL.
In the case of cancellations, Target Training will refund full amount paid if 14 days notice [before work is due to commence] is provided, otherwise a cancellation fee of $500.00 will apply.
Money Back Guarantee:
Target Training offers a full money back guarantee on all services, if you are not fully satisfied.