Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
BSB40520 CERTIFICATE IV IN LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts. As well as assuming responsibility for their own performance, individuals at this level provide leadership, guidance and support to others. They also have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of their team. They apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / EXISTING SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
There is no formal entry requirement to enter in the qualification.
Under the traineeship program students will need to meet the Selection Criteria requirements to be eligible to enter into this course. Evidence of the student meeting the Selection Criteria will be collected as part of the Enrolment process.
- 15 years or older
- No longer at school
- An Australian Citizen, permanent resident, or humanitarian VISA holder
- Relevant prior training and/or employment
- Current employment relevant to this qualification
- Numeracy, literacy & language to be able to communicate at a confident level.
TARGET CLIENT GROUP
- Existing workers who have at least 3 years’ experience and wish to upgrade their skills and knowledge into a new or existing industry sector
- Existing workers who wish to move into a leadership and management role within their industry, and this qualification giving them the stepping stones to do so.
- Existing workers who wish to have their current skills and knowledge recognised
- Existing workers who wish to move into higher positions within their industry
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. At the completion of this qualification, individuals will be able to manage in a front-line capacity in a wide range of organisational and industry contexts. They may have existing qualifications and technical skills in any given vocation or profession yet require skills or recognition in supervisory functions.
Employment opportunities relevant to this qualification may include Coordinator, Leading Hand, Supervisor, Team Leader.
A number of career pathways are available to you typically with further study, such as Team Leader or Site/Department Manager. Students attend to this course able to be:
- in a frontline management role;
- responsible for other staff and their workload;
- managing their own work load;
- responsible for some “senior” level work; and
- able to initiate and have discretion in the use of resources.