Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
FNS41815 CERTIFICATE IV IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
This qualification is designed to provide a flexible general purpose pathway in the financial services industry. It is intended to meet the training needs of employees with roles that involve working across a range of duties in the financial services sector where a specialist qualification is not the most suitable qualification to meet their training needs. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
The job roles that this qualification is likely to address are:
- Generalist financial services roles where a varied skill base is required
- Retail financial services officer in a small branch or organisation
- Retail or wholesale financial services administration staff
- Leading/supervising a team
- Performing duties of a first line supervisor
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / EXISTING SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
There are no formal entry requirements to enrol into this qualification. This qualification would suit, although not mandatory:
- Existing workers who have had at least 6 months experience in their role in the financial services industry.
- Existing workers who may have worked previously in another financial services business
- Existing workers who wish to have their current skills and knowledge recognised
- Existing workers who may have had time off from work, for example to have a baby, or due to sickness or overseas travel. The learner now needs to update their knowledge and skills specific to their industry.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may beused are subject to regulatory requirements. Licensing Requirements for units within this qualification include BAS and IAS requirements, including: time requirements, cash versus accrual reporting requirements, GST Act and related public rulings, determinations and regulations, income tax legislation,
privacy legislation, tax agent services legislation, TPB conduct requirements and industry associations recognised by the TPB.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Personal assistant to Chief Financial Officer
- Administration Assistant
- Payroll Clerk
This qualification would provide a pathway into any Diploma level qualification in the Financial Services Training Package, based upon the electives chosen.
If you already have some training, work or life experience in management, team leader role or coordinator, you may be eligible to have your existing skills and knowledge recognised and apply for advanced stan ding for one or more units. Processes for recognition include:
- Credit transfer
- Mutual recognition
- Recognition by assessment