Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
CERTIFICATE IV IN BUSINESS
Offering Specialisations in Leadership, Business Administration and Business Operations
This qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Preferred pathways into this qualification include:
- BSB30120 Certificate III in Business or other relevant qualification/s OR
- With vocational experience assisting in a range of environments providing administrative or operational support to individuals and/or teams but without a formal business qualification.
Under the traineeship program students will need to meet the Selection Criteria requirements to be eligible to enter into this course. Evidence of the student meeting the Selection Criteria will be collected as part of the Enrolment process.
- 15 years or older
- No longer at school
- An Australian Citizen, permanent resident, or humanitarian VISA holder
- Relevant prior training and/or employment
- Current employment relevant to this qualification
- Numeracy, literacy & language to be able to communicate at a confident level.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. At the completion of this qualification, individuals will be able to manage in a wide range of organisational and industry contexts. Some job titles may include:
|Ø Accounts clerk||Ø Legal receptionist|
|Ø E-business practitioner||Ø Customer service advisor|
|Ø Office administration assistant||Ø Student services officer|
|Ø Clerk||Ø Word processing operator|
|Ø Medical receptionist|
A number of career pathways are available to you typically with further study, such as office/site manager, administration supervisor and assistant to CEO roles.
If you already have some training, work or life experience in management, team leader role or coordinator, you may be eligible to have your existing skills and knowledge recognised and apply for advanced standing for one or more units. Processes for recognition include:
- Credit transfer
- Mutual recognition
- Recognition by assessment