Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
CHC30113 CERTIFICATE III IN
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
This qualificationis suitable for new entrants wanting to get started in child careas a trainee, or for others with pre-existing skills wishing to formalise their skills and knowledge.
Candidates considering this qualification include:
- Hands on experience within Childcare industry OR
- with vocational experience but without formal supervision or qualification.
The learner will have the following existing skills and knowledge prior to entry into this Training Product:
- Reading and writing -able to read, comprehend and write a range of texts within a variety of contexts.
- Oral communication -able to use and respond to spoken language including some unfamiliar material within a variety of contexts.
- Numeracy and mathematics -able to recognise and use a variety of conventions and symbolism of formal mathematics.
- A level of English language both written and verbal to accurately collect and report information.
Learners must be willing to complete anLLN screen on enrolment to verify existing skills and knowledge. Learners will be guided to support LLN requirements/improvements by the Target Training trainer.
Under the traineeship program students will need to meet the Selection Criteria requirements to be eligible to enter into this course. Evidence of the student meeting the Selection Criteria will be collected as part of the Enrolment process.
- 15 years or older
- An Australian Citizen, permanent resident, or humanitarian VISA holder
- Relevant prior training and/or employment
- Current employment relevant to this qualification. Note: A current Working with Children Check and Police Record check is required to gain employment in the childcare industry.
TARGET CLIENT GROUP
- Individuals wanting to meet industry training requirements
- School based students and/or new entrants to the workplace who wish to gain a qualification for the purpose of getting a job.
- Existing workers who wish to have their current skills and knowledge recognized.
OCCUPATIONAL NAMES/EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/CAREER PATHWAY
At the completion of this qualification, individuals will be able to manage in a wide range of organisational and industry contexts. Some job titles may include:
- Home care worker
- Team Leader in Child Care
- Office worker Child Care
- Child Care site employee
- Other worker eg. Cook. in Child Care
- Administrator in Child Care
If you already have some training, work or life experience in the child care industry, you may be eligible to have your existing skills and knowledge recognised and apply for advanced standing for one or more units. Processes for recognition include:
- Credit transfer
- Mutual recognition
- Recognition by assessment
Gain the skills required to:
- Support the implementation of inclusive learning.
- Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning.
- Apply knowledge of own role to complete activities efficiently to support team activities and tasks.
- Develop strategies for improved cultural safety.
- Read and interpret workplace related information.
- Be proactive and creative in responding to workplace problems, changes and challenges.
- Interpret the needs of clients and communicate with people who speak languages other than English.
- Develop positive respectful relationships with children.
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk.
- Provide physical care for children.
- Maintain food safety.
- Provide emergency first aid in a child care setting.