Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
BSBSS00063 Team Leader Skill Set
This Skill Set reflects the role of individuals working as developing and emerging leaders in a range of contexts.
Leadership often begins at the team leader level across a wide range of enterprise and industry contexts. Team leaders communicate effectively, ensure team performance and develop effective relationships in the workplace. Across the breadth of industry, team leaders are responsible for implementing operational plans.
The units that this skill set covers are:
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
Developing team leaders and managers within a broad range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Existing Skills and Knowledge
There are not formal entry requirements into this skill set. Candidates are required to have the following skills and knowledge prior to enrolment:
- Sufficient numeracy, literacy, and language to be able to communicate at a confident level, displaying product and company knowledge.
- The candidate must possess competence in frontline job roles and leadership qualities to want to guide and show others components of the job.
The units provide credit towards BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management.
Mode of Delivery
Classroom – All training will be delivered face to face within a classroom environment, or within your workplace if you have a small group of staff that can come together.
Self-Paced – Students will be required to undertake activities outside of the classroom environment such pre-reading and pre-course work book which is a part of the course requirements.
A range of observation techniques have been included, as well as short answer questions and a written project completed individually by each candidate and guided by our qualified assessor.
Contact us for more details of up and coming courses in your State and any applicable fees. You may qualify to have this course Government funded.
BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Identify context for communication
- Clarify message and engage communication
- Take follow-up actions
BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan
- Implement operational plan
- Implement resource acquisition
- Monitor operational performance
BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- Collect, analyse and communicate information and ideas
- Develop trust and confidence as leader
- Develop and maintain networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties into positive outcomes
BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- Plan to achieve team outcomes
- Lead team to develop cohesion
- Participate in and facilitate work team
- Liaise with management
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
All students are eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and are advised of this on the back of the Enrolment Form and on the course flyer, also refer to the Student Handbook for the policy and procedure on the process for RPL.
In the case of cancellations, Target Training will refund full amount paid if 14 days notice [before work is due to commence] is provided, otherwise a cancellation fee of $500.00 will apply.
Money Back Guarantee:
Target Training offers a full money back guarantee on all services, if you are not fully satisfied.