Traineeships provided through the NSW Smart and Skilled vocational education... Read more →
BSBSS00054 Small Business Marketing Skill Set
This Skill Set is for small business practitioners who are conducting marketing activities. It may relate to people who operate a small business on a day-to-day basis either as an owner–operator or as an employed operator/manager.
The units that this skill set covers are:
- BSBMKG401 Profile the market
- BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG419 Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB301 Investigate micro business opportunities
Any staff member that works in a marketing role in a small business, or handles the marketing of the business amongst their other responsibilities.
Existing Skills and Knowledge
There are not formal entry requirements into this skill set. Candidates are required to have the following skills and knowledge prior to enrolment:
- Sufficient numeracy, literacy, and language to be able to communicate at a confident level, displaying product and company knowledge.
- The candidate must possess competence in frontline job roles to take initiative and be self-driven.
- Employed or self-employed within a small business or planning to establish their own small business in the short term.
- Have experience working in small business.
- Have some responsibility for others and provide or hold specific management or second-in-charge responsibilities in a small team.
Units in this skill set may provide credit towards BSB30315 Certificate III in Micro Business Operations and BSB42618 Certificate IV in New Small Business.
Mode of Delivery
Classroom – All training will be delivered face to face within a classroom environment, or within your workplace if you have a small group of staff that can come together.
Self-Paced – Students will be required to undertake activities outside of the classroom environment such pre-reading and pre-course workbook which is a part of the course requirements.
A range of observation techniques have been included, as well as short answer questions and a written project completed individually by each candidate and guided by our qualified assessor.
Contact us to discuss more details of a suitable training program for your staff in your workplace. You may qualify to have this course Government funded.
BSBMKG401 Profile the market
- Segment the market
- Identify target market
- Profile target market
- Develop positioning strategy
BSBMKG414 Undertake marketing activities
- Plan marketing activities
- Implement and manage marketing activities
- Review marketing activities
BSBMKG419 Analyse consumer behaviour
- Confirm product or service market
- Assess reasons for existing levels of consumer interest
- Recommend focus of appeal for marketing strategies for product or service
BSBSMB301 Investigate micro business opportunities
- Describe business ideas
- Identify market needs
- Investigate factors affecting the market
BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- Develop marketing strategies
- Determine a marketing mix for the business
- Implement marketing strategies
- Monitor and improve marketing performance
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
All students are eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and are advised of this on the back of the Enrolment Form and on the course flyer, also refer to the Student Handbook for the policy and procedure on the process for RPL.
In the case of cancellations, Target Training will refund full amount paid if 14 days notice [before work is due to commence] is provided, otherwise a cancellation fee of $500.00 will apply.
Money Back Guarantee:
Target Training offers a full money back guarantee on all services, if you are not fully satisfied.